Frozen Strawberry Soufflé
Tropolite (Whipped Cream Topping) 250 ml
Strawberry Crush 100 ml
Fresh Strawberry Slices for garnish
- Whip Tropolite until light and fluffy with an electric beater. Keep aside ¼ cup.
- Gently stir strawberry crush through remaining cream.
- Cut 4 strips of baking paper and secure around 4 ramekin dishes with tape so that the paper extends 2 inches above the rim.
- Spoon mixture into dishes and smooth the tops. Place in freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Remove just before serving and gently remove paper. Decorate with a spoonful of plain cream and sliced fresh strawberries. Serve.
Ready Frozen Samosa/Spring Roll sheets
Whipping Cream 200ml
Icing Sugar ¼ cup + for dusting
Fresh Strawberries, Sliced 1 cup
- Cut samosa sheet into 8cm x 8cm squares.
- Deep fry in hot oil until light brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Whip cream until light and fluffy. Gently stir in icing sugar.
- Fill in icing bag fitted with a star nozzle. Place one square on a serving plate. Pipe cream. Place strawberries on cream.
- Repeat twice, ending with strawberries. Dust with icing sugar and serve. (Optional: Drizzle with chocolate syrup)
Spiked Strawberry Jelly
Strawberry Jelly Crystals 1 packet
Vodka 60 ml
Fresh Strawberries, Sliced 4-5
Whipped Cream for garnish
- Dissolve jelly crystals as per packet instructions in 60 ml less water than directed.
- Very lightly grease jelly mould with a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Once the mixture is lukewarm, stir in the vodka. Pour into mould.
- After 5 minutes place slices of strawberry in jelly and gently press into the centre. Let jelly set completely.
- To serve, invert mould onto a serving plate and shake gently to release from mould. Serve decorated with some whipped cream and slices of strawberries.
Giant Cream Puff with Strawberries
For Cream Puff
Water 1 cup
Unsalted Butter ½ cup
Plain Flour (Maida) 1 cup
Salt ¼ tsp
Whipping Cream 1 cup
Icing Sugar ¼ cup + for garnish
Fresh Strawberries, Sliced 2 punnets
- For the filling, chill cream in medium bowl. Whip until soft peaks form with a whisk. Gently stir in sifted icing sugar.
- For the puffs, sift together flour and salt.
- Boil water and butter together in a medium pan. Once boiled, remove from heat.
- Add flour all at once stirring rapidly with wooden spoon. Let cool slightly.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Electric hand mixer may be used. The mixture will come away from the sides of the pan.
- Place mixture in a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle. Pipe 8 large rounds on a tray lined with baking paper, spacing them to give them room to rise and spread. Alternatively, use a large spoon.
- Bake the puffs for 25-30 minutes at 200°C until golden brown. Let cool for few minutes with oven door open. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Split in half gently, spoon filling on bottom half, place sliced strawberries on top of cream and place top half of puff on strawberries.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.