They are powerful source of antioxidants. Dark chocolate is loaded with organic compounds that are biologically active and function as antioxidants. They are said to neutralize free radicals in our body and help in boosting over all health.
It is good for your heart. Consuming dark chocolate can improve several important risk factors for heart disease. It can help your heart to stay healthy Lots of studies reveal that the flavonoids in chocolate can help your veins and arteries to stay supple.
It is a mood food meaning that it helps you get calm and makes you happier. It is also proven that it can help reduce blood pressure.
It is very nutritious Did you know that if choose chocolate with a high cocoa content (75% to 85%) you are getting a very nutritious snack? Take the typical 100 gram chocolate bar.
Here’s our favorite, chocolate can also help in weight loss. Eating a piece of dark chocolate 20 minutes before and five minutes after a meal can cut your appetite by an impressive 50 percent.
Espresso and Oreo Chocolate Brownies
A sure treat for all chocolate lovers and children from Chef Sara Koshy
- 120 gm flour
- 1//4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200 gm butter
- 270 gm dark chocolate, chopped
- 210 gm sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp espresso coffee powder
- 150 gm Oreo cookies, each broken into 3 pieces
- 50 gm chocolate chips
- Line a 9″ square baking pan.
- Sieve together the flour, baking powder and salt, keep aside
- Melt butter and chocolate over a gentle heat, leave to cool.
- Place sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk till foamy.
- Fold in the melted butter and chocolate mix.Also fold in the sieved flour, coffee powder, broken Oreos and chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan, pop into a preheated 180°C oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
Leave to cool completely then cut into bars. Makes 24 bars .