Running out of ideas to make for dinner? Fret not! We have your dinner sorted! Presenting you 10 dishes that can easily be made for dinner. Surprise your family and friends with a multi course meal for dinner today! Here are recipes for salads, drinks, starters, main dish and dessert! As we said, we got you covered!
1. BROCCOLI BONANZA
1 large broccoli
2 bell peppers (capsicum) – 1 red and 1 yellow
1 – Iceberg lettuce
For the dressing
2 tsp lime juice
3 tsp olive oil
2 garlic pods
Salt and white pepper to taste
Parboil the broccoli and slightly steam the carrots and capsicum to remove the rawness. Cut in small bits. Tear the lettuce leaves into medium size pieces and mix all the vegetables in a large salad bowl.
Finely chop the garlic pods and mix all the ingredients for dressing together. Beat well. Drizzle over the vegetables and toss well.
For more Salads: 5 Nutritious Salads That You Should Add To Your Diet
2. AN ORANGE AFFAIR
Carrots – 4
Oranges – 2
Mint – 10 leaves
Tulsi – 10 leaves
Salt – a pinch
White pepper – to taste
Honey – 2 tbsp
Water – 2 cups
- First take the carrots and grate them and then put in the blender.
- Next, cut open the orange and remove the flesh of the fruit. Remove the seeds and then deposit the fruit pieces in the blender.
- Add the mint and tulsi leaves to the mix in the blender.
- Add the honey and water to the mix as well.
- Blend everything together to form an even, smooth concoction.
- Add a little pepper and salt, depending on your preference.
- Served chilled.
For more drinks: 4 Amazing Drinks To Quench Your Thirst
3. FISH CAKES
½ kg fish fillets
1 ½ cup water
1 Maggie chicken stock cube (optional)
½ tsp turmeric powder
3 onions (finely chopped)
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tbsp green chillies (finely chopped)
3 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
4-5 slices of bread
2 tbsp butter
100 ml oil
- Place fish fillets in a pan with water, stock cube, turmeric and salt, and bring to boil. Remove fish pieces and shred them. Reserve the stock.
- Saute chopped onion in a pan with butter. Add ginger, garlic paste, chillies, coriander and a pinch of salt.
- In a bowl add the cooked mixture and the fish.
- Soak the bread pieces in stock and add it to this mixture. Mix well.
- Shape the mixture into small cakes and shallow fry.
4. HOME-STYLE PRAWN FRY
1 kg – Prawns
2 tbsp – Ginger-garlic paste
3 tsp- Chilli powder
1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt to taste
3 tsp – Oil (Use gingerly oil for better flavor)
- Clean and wash the prawns. Drain well.
- Mix together all the ingredients except the oil and marinate the prawns in this paste for about an hour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the marinated prawns and fry till they are well done.
For more prawn recipes: 5 Ways With Prawns That You Must Try!
5. KADAI PANEER
200gm paneer (cut into small squares)
2 medium sized onions (diced)
2 medium sized tomatoes (diced)
1 medium capsicum (diced)
2 teaspoon ginger (chopped)
2-3 green chillies (chopped)
A handful of coriander leaves (chopped)
Salt to taste
A pinch of turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
3 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp kasuri methi
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
2-3 tbsp oil
- Heat the oil in a pan and splutter coriander seeds. Add ginger and sauté for a minute before adding onions and green chillies. Sauté until onion becomes translucent.
- Now add the tomatoes and combine well. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala and sauté till the oil starts separating.
- At this stage, add the capsicum and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Lastly, add the paneer cubes and kasuri methi along with adequate water and combine well.
- Cook till the gravy becomes thick and remove from fire. Add the chopped coriander leaves, mix well and serve hot with rotis.
6. ROTI WITH MUTTON KORMA
A filling and yummy dish!
For the Mutton Korma
Mutton – 500 gms
Onion – 3 Medium
Tomato – 3 Medium
Green Chillies – 3
Curd – 200 ml
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 tbsp
Garam Masala – 5 each of cinnamon, cardamom, cloves
Pudina – A few strings
Coriander leaves – A few strings
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
Dhaniya Powder – 3 tbsp
Lemon – 1
Preparation for Gravy
- Pour oil in Cooker, add onions, tomatoes, garam masala, green chillies and saute it.
- As it sizzles, add ginger garlic paste, mutton, followed by red chilli powder, turmeric and dhaniya powders.
- Add finely chopped pudina leaves, coriander leaves, coriander leaves.
- Add water, curd, salt to taste and pressure cook it till mutton is soft.
- Once it is cooked, add lemon juice before serving.
Wheat Atta: – 2 cups
Warm Milk – 1/4 cup
Warm Water – 1/2 cup
Preparation for Roti
- Take a bowl, add atta, salt, warm milk and warm water as required and knead to a soft round ball.
- Allow it to sit for half and hour
- Make proportions of 5-6 round shaped balls, roll them out with rolling pin, add oil and form peda, and press, roll to form round shape rotis.
- Fry them on hot tava on both sides with a dash of oil.
7. SEMIYA BIRIYANI
This is a generally for Muslim households but relished just like the other Biriyanis.
Roasted Semiya – 500 gms
Kheema – 300 gms
Onion – 3 Big
Tomato – 2 Big
Green Chillies – 2
Curd – 1 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala – 2 each of cinnamon, cardamom, cloves
Pudina – A few strings
Coriander leaves – A few strings
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tbsp
- In a Cooker pour oil and add onions, garam masala.
- Once it sizzles, add tomato, greenc chillies, ginger garlic paste, fry till soft; add pudina, coriander strings and fry along with kheema, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Add water and now, pressure cook till kheema is soft and cooked.
- Open the lid, add curd and make the gravy smooth and soft. Bring to boil.
- Now add semiya and cover the Cooker with a sauce pan lid and cook it on ‘dum’ on a slow flame till the semiya is cooked, serve with sliced boiled eggs.
Also Read: Malabar Chicken Biriyani
8. Spaghetti With Chicken And Mushrooms
- 180 gm Whole wheat spaghetti
- 120 gm Chicken breast boneless
- 80 gm Button mushrooms
- 40 gm Cherry tomato
- 4 gm Fresh red chilli
- 4 gm Basil leaves
- 10 gm Garlic
- 40 ml Olive oil
- Salt to taste, crushed pepper to taste
- Boil the whole wheat spaghetti in salted water until it is cooked “al dente” or for 12 minutes or as specified on the packet.
- Cut the chicken breast boneless into strips, mushroom and red chillies into slices, and cherry tomato in halves and chop the garlic fine.
- Heat the pan and add olive oil to it. Once heated, add the chicken strips and sauté till almost cooked. Then add the mushroom and chilli slices and cook it further. Finally add garlic and sauté. Garlic is added in the end so that it doesn’t burn before the chicken is cooked.
- Add the spaghetti, season with salt, crushed pepper and torn fresh basil leaves and toss it until all the ingredients have mixed in well. Serve hot.
9. Zucchini And Cottage Cheese Quiche
100 gm chilled butter, diced
200 gm plain flour
½ tsp salt
Ice cold water
2 tbsp butter
1 zucchini, sliced
150 gm diced cottage cheese
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
½ tsp chopped rosemary
180 ml cream
100 gm grated Cheddar cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sieve flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Rub in the butter till it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add a tablespoon of iced water at a time and gather the crumbs into a ball.
- Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 9 inch flat tin with it.
- The pastry lined tin should be refrigerated while preparing the filling.
- Heat the butter in a skillet, toss in the zucchini and gently cook it for about 7 minutes or till all the water dries up.
- Add in the cottage cheese cubes, season to taste and remove when warm through. Stir in the rosemary.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Arrange the filling into the prepared pastry, place the tomato halves on top.
- Beat together the eggs and cream.
- Check the seasoning, pour carefully over the filling.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated 190°C oven for about 40-50 minutes.
- Allow it to rest for about 20 minutes, slice and serve.
10. Burmese Veg Khow Suey
Try the delicious Burmese cuisine!
For the broth you need:
- 2 onions diced
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 lemon grass root (crushed)
- 3 cups assorted vegetables cut into chunks (carrot, French beans, baby corn, broccoli, mushrooms, yellow zucchini)
- 2 tbsp of gram/besan flour (mixed with ½ cup of water)
- 1 Maggie veg stock cube
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 packet regular noodles pr rice noodles (cooked)
For the toppings you need:
- Fried crispy noodles (cooked noodles, deep fried)
- Roasted peanuts
- Sliced spring onions
- Lemon wedges
- Fried onions
- Chopped coriander
- Chilli oil
For the chilli oil
Mix the 1 tbsp chilli flakes, 1 tbsp red chilli powder and ½ tsp salt in a heat-proof cup. Heat ½ cup of vegetable oil in a small pan. When it’s hot, pour the oil over the chilli flak mix. Set aside to cool.
- Grind onions, ginger and garlic into a smooth paste
- In a pan over medium heat, add oil. When hot, add the onion paste and gently sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric, coriander and chilli powder, crushed lemon grass root, sauté for a minute and add the vegetables, and mix well. Now add the besan mixture and cook till the raw besan smell goes.
- Add some water and the veg stock cube, and simmer till the vegetables are tender.
- Add the coconut milk, bring to boil, add brown sugar and soy sauce. Stir and remove from heat.
- To serve, place the noodles in a deep bowl then add hot broth just enough to cover the noodles. Serve with the topping.
11. Rabri Cheese Cake
For the crust
- 200 gm Graham crackers, crushed
- 50 gm Powdered sugar
- 110 gm Unsalted butter melted
For the Rabri mix
- 10 litres Milk
- 200 gm Sugar, powdered
- 35 gm Refined flour
- 80 gm Double cream
- 5 eggs
- 10 ml Vanilla essence
- 1 gm Kashmir saffron
- 10 ml Milk
- Boil the milk in a thick bottomed kadai until it reduces to 1 litre R You need to constantly keep stirring so as the milk does not get burnt at the bottom. Cool it to room temperature and reserve for later use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F (175C). Grease a 9 inch spring pan.
- For the crust, in a medium bowl, mix the crushed crackers with sugar and melted butter.
- Layer the spring pan evenly with the crust mix and press it thoroughly.
- Warm the milk and add the saffron into the milk to infuse, leave it aside.
- In a large bowl mix Rabri with powdered sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix the eggs one by one at a time, mixing just enough to combine.
- Mix in the cream, vanilla essence, flour and the saffron extract.
- Pour filling into the prepared crust. Bake for 1 Chill it for at least 4 hours.
- Cut into wedges and serve chilled.
For more desserts: 5 Delicious Mango Recipes You Just Can’t Resist
12. LOVERS’ CREAMY CHOCOLATE COCKTAIL
Chocolate has also shown that it can ward off the blues and keep you in high spirits. Try just that this season. Let yourself go in the black richness of melted dark chocolate with a tinge of Irish cream to get the lovebirds chirping.
- 50 gm melted dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp Frangelico
- 2 tbsp Kahlua
- 1/4 cup Baileys Irish cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream, to serve
Place the chocolate in a small plastic bag and squeeze it to one end. Twist the bag and snip the corner of the bag. Pipe chocolate heart shapes around the inside of 2 chilled cocktail glasses and refrigerate the glasses. Meanwhile, blend or process the liqueurs, milk and ice cream until smooth. Add ice cream and pour the cocktail mixture over the top and serve.
For more Chocolate Drinks: Chocolate Cocktails And Martinis To Make Your Day!