Kerala Prawn Curry:
250 gms of prawns
100 gms of onions
2 tsp of tomato puree
10 gms of ginger
10 gms of garlic
Salt to taste
5 tsp of coconut oil – 5 tsp
5 green chillies
Make garlic and ginger paste.
2. Chop onions and green chillies; extract coconut milk.
3. Marinate the prawns in salt and lemon juice.
4. Heat oil and sauté onion in the clay pot and green chillies till they turn golden brown.
5. Add garlic-ginger paste and fry, add the prawns and toss the mixture.
6. Mix the tomato puree and simmer.
7. Add the coconut milk and mix well.
8. Simmer till the prawns get cooked.
9. Garnish with fried curry leaves.
10. Serve with boiled rice or appam.