2 large lemons
1 ¼ cups sugar
2 cups fresh mint leaves, (keep some aside for garnish)
6 black tea bags
½ cup fresh lemon juice
- Use a vegetable peeler and remove the peel from yellow lemons.
- Combine lemon peel and sugar in a medium pan with 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil until the sugar dissolves
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in mint. Cool to room temperature.
- Strain the mix once cooled.
- Dip the tea bags in 4 cups of boiling water and cover for 5 minutes. Then remove tea bags.
- Stir in syrup, lemon juice, 4 cups cold water, and ice cubes.
- Serve in tall glasses filled with ice and a few mint leaves.