1 cup fresh Basil leaves, plus
8 sprigs Basil leaves for garnishing
8 cups lemonade
- In a small pan, bring the sugar and 1 1/2 cups cold water to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, without stirring, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat, add the basil, and let it cool to room temperature.
- Strain the syrup into a container.
- Pour 2 to 3 teaspoons of the basil syrup into the ice-filled glasses, and then fill the glass with lemonade.
- Garnish with an additional sprig of basil.
Tip: You can cover and refrigerate the remaining syrup for up to 2 weeks.