Splurge and indulge in the ultimate shopping paradise; London. What is unique about London is that it offers a wide range of shops that cater to varied tastes, styles and financial capacities. From Primark, a year round attraction for the teeming student populace of London and beyond to high end shops like FCUK and John Lewis, all exude their own charm. A quick tour of all the fashion stores is a must do in London, especially if you recollect your younger years being marked by star struck flipping through fashion magazines.
- The most popular and by virtue of that, the most crowded destination on Oxford Street is Primark, with its ‘Big Bazaar of India’ reputation within the Desi community. It is located close to the Marble Arch station and is a massive two-floor space that stocks some great essentials for the London winter in the 1 and 10 GBP scale. Mufflers, thermals, knee-high socks, scarves, gloves, earmuffs and nylon tights are some of the essential winter wear. Apart from offering a great variety of these, Primark also stocks the fancy (read endearing) nightwear for children and adults alike.
- The mid range stores like New Look and H &M offer fantastic deals during the month long winter sales in London. These shops offer genuinely worthwhile discounts beginning towards the end of December and continuing through January. Boxing Day is traditionally the first day when these sales begin and the spirit is quite remarkable. The best collections are, in the mad rush for the best, wiped off the shelves within the first week itself unfortunately. Both New Look and H&M stock the best of cardigans, English style pants and skirts and in unconventional colors
- The trouser collection in New Look is bound to tug at your heartstrings if your body type is more compatible with trousers. Particularly, their belted chinos and slim leg ones are completely worth the price. Jumpers and blazers at H &M during the sale season are highly popular choices, given that London dips below freezing temperatures till the end of January or middle of February. Most of their quality wear is discounted between fifty and eighty percent. So, that would again be a great bargain. NEXT falls in a similar category as well and is popular for its early and massive winter slashes.
- Marks and Spencer’s is another retail store to look out for. Placed at a higher range than New Look and H&M, it has the best of tweed jackets and tunics. They come in plains and bright floral prints. So depending on what season/destination or purpose it is for, you can make your choice. M&S sales though, are best capitalized on their yummy lingerie collection from the sexy reds to the tantalizing animal prints.
- Good footwear is best explored by wandering into exclusive shops like Clarks and Office. They have all the variety you would want to explore and dedicated collections for sports, formal, party categories.
The high-end multinational brands like GAP, United Colors of Benetton, ZARA and FCUK offer smaller discounts in comparison to others during the sale season. The maximum figures hover between twenty and thirty percent. If you are a stickler for brands, you can explore the collections here that bear much resemblance to their overseas branches but are also modeled upon the local taste and requirement.