Packed with proteins, minerals, and B-complex vitamins that are essential nutrients for hair eggs promote strengthening of roots and prevent hair loss. The fats in the yolk help hair texture making it super soft to touch. Known predominantly as hair food, egg whites are some of the most commonly used ingredients in hair masks. The lutein in egg yolks heals brittle hair, taking care of breakage and split-ends while the proteins in the white give the sheen and glow to the hair that is so coveted.
- Mix in a bowl 1 egg yolk, 1 tbsp beer, 1 tbsp castor oil, 1 tbsp honey and apply on hair from root to tip. For best results put on a plastic shower cap for half hour with the mask. Wash off with apple cider vinegar. This mask is good enough to use frequently.
- Blend 1 cup of strawberries (You can use overripe) with 1 egg yolk, and 2 tbsp olive oil. Leave on hair for 20 mins with shower cap on. Wash off with shampoo.
- Overnight, soak 3 tbsp black gram and make puree the next day. Add one beaten egg, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 cup yoghurt. Leave on hair for half hour before washing.
- Beat 2 eggs with 3 tbsp cream and apply on hair. Rinse off with white vinegar solution after 5-7 minutes for shiny hair.
- For a very oil based mask – Add 1 egg yolk, 1 tbsp of Olive oil, coconut oil, rosemary oil, pure Vitamin E oil and finally 1 tsp honey. Massage onto hair especially the tips and wash after one hour.