This is a sleek variation of the Vegetable Pirattal in which mixed vegetables are tossed with freshly ground spices. The taste is enhanced when the vegetables are traded for baby corn and mushroom.
- Mushroom – 1 pack
- Baby Corn – 1 pack
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 3
- Salt – to taste
- Curry Leaves – few
For the Masala – all must be ground together
- Coconut Scrapings – 2 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 piece
- Garlic – 5 flacks
- Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds–1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon, Clove, Cardamom – 1 each
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Remove the skin from the baby corn and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut the mushroom into quarters.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Heal the oil in a pan and fry the onions.
- Add tomatoes and masala. Fry the mix until the raw smell leaves.
- Add the corn and salt, fry for 10 minutes.
- Finally, add the mushroom and the curry leaves. Fry for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.