Tea Leaf Mixture:
1 cup Green Tea Leaves (no tea dust)
1 Clove Garlic
1 tbsp Lime Juice
Small pc Galangal
Salt, to taste
1 medium size green chilli
1 cup water
2 cups Romaine Lettuce, chopped
1/4 cup Roasted moong dal
1/4 cup Roasted peanuts
1 medium size ripe tomato, diced
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Mix the tea leaves with water and let it sit for 10 – 15 minutes. This removes the bitterness from the tea leaves.
- Remove the water and add the moist tea leaves to a mortar and pestle. Add the other ingredients (garlic, galangal, chili, and lime juice, salt) and pound them until the mixture comes together.
- Pour the mixture in a glass jar and let it sit for a day or two in the fridge.
- In a large plate, place the chopped lettuce at the bottom; place the fermented tea leaf mixture in the center and the other ingredients around it.
- Toss the salad before serving
Also Read: Horchata Recipe here