Chocolate Mousse Parfait with Roasted Nuts
A bitter and nutty blend of dark chocolate and roasted nuts
- ½ cup dark chocolate, chopped and melted
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ tsp lime juice
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup mixed nuts (cashew, macadamia, almonds), roasted
- For meringue, add lemon juice to egg whites and whip until frothy with an electric beater.
- Now, add sugar and continue to whip on high speed for 4-5 minutes until stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into the melted chocolate. Fold whipped cream into egg whites chocolate mixture. Freeze for 30 -60 minutes.
- To serve, pipe mousse into serving bowls and sprinkle with roasted nuts.
Roasted Pistachio and Avocado Froyo
A healthy blend of yogurt, avocado and banana with a hint of roasted pistachios
- ¾ cup thick yoghurt (preferably store bought)
- 1 ripe banana, frozen and cut into chunks
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 tbsp pistachios, roasted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 ice cubes
- In a blender, blend together yogurt, frozen banana, avocado, honey, ice cubes and 1 tbsp pistachios.
- Once blended, pour mixture into an airtight box and sprinkle with pistachios.
- Freeze for 4 hours until firm enough or overnight.
Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
Pumpkin Chai Latte comes alive as an ice cream in this dairy-free delight
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 500 ml dairy free whipping cream (Richs)
- 1 tsp ground nut meg
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Bring coconut milk, cinnamon stick, spices, sugar, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree to the boil in a saucepan. Let it completely cool down.
- Whip non-dairy cream into soft peaks.
- Fold into the coconut milk mixture.
- Pour mixture into an airtight container and freeze for 4 hours or more before serving.