¼ sugarless milk koya
½ cup maida
2 tbsp melted ghee
Milk to bind
Pinch of cooking soda
Oil for deep frying
¼ kg sugar
1½ cup water
Rose essence, few drops
1. Mix melted ghee with maida using fingertips to blend properly. Crumble Koya and mix with
2. Mix cooking soda with little milk. Tip this into the maida mixture. Blend together well to
3. Prepare balls and flatten it lightly.
4. Mix sugar with water and boil to form a sticky syrup. Add few drops of rose essence.
5. Deep fry the prepared balls in moderately hot oil until dark brown and soak in the syrup
while it is still hot.