GO BRIGHT WITH COLOURS
Give the boring neutrals a miss this season and pick up something electric and funky. As brights rule the fashion front, a confident attitude is all you require to look uber cool. Bright colours exude energy and vibrancy. Lace, sheer neutrals and whites are playing a major role in fashion this season, but in contrast, we also have the bright electric neons, colour blockings, bohemian patterns and prints. From tangerine, bright canary yellow, orange and other citrus hues to pure ivory; from fresh coral and watermelon to mint and chartreuse; designer ensembles are characterised by an interesting juxtaposition of colours.
What’s Hot: Feel the brilliance in the new hues and innovative cuts. Here is how you can carry them with panache.
- Pair your bright coloured pants, harems or Jodhpuris with a neutral shirt or a top. White is the safest option for pairing the brights.
- Mixing bright colours can definitely do the trick. However, to avoid confusion, it is always advisable to stick to the colours from the same family. For example, team corals with green or blue. Pink looks gorgeous when paired with beige or off white.
- The fashion world can never stop obsessing about prints. Choose from floral to aquatic prints. Get as playful as you can.
- Vibrant and oversized sunglasses and statement neckpieces are the perfect accessories. When it comes to accessorising, bright orange and yellow neon hits the centre of the style dart board.
- For those who shy away from the bright colours, creamy pastels come to the rescue. Pastel candy colours, black and white prints, creamy neutrals, whimsical prints and stripes do the trick for ensembles this season.
What’s Not: Fashion crimes are not permitted this season. Stretch your confidence levels to a comfortable length. Do not be afraid to experiment. You need to know what looks good on you and then opt for some creative experimentation without going overboard.
- Unless you are wearing a printed dress, never team printed lowers with printed tops. Too many prints create fashion confusion. Prints should be only teamed with neutrals.
- While mixing colours, stick to a maximum of two or three. Too many colours tend to look jarring.
- Wear colours that suit your body type.
- Do not over accessorise for a casual day look.