Besides the natural causes of aging, the skin is harmed due to other factors too; health problems, sleeping habits, erratic lifestyles, hormonal changes among others. There are basic treatments available to prevent skin sagging and wrinkles such are skin tightening, laser rejuvenation, chemical peels and Botox, however these are cosmetic treatments and are transient.
Correcting and bringing in a change in the life style is a good start. Doctors say walking is the best antidote to ageing. A brisk walk every morning is a good way to a healthy heart. Walks strengthen the nervous system and improve blood circulation. Stress is another major factor that contributes to the process of skin aging and accelerates the aging process. The external signs of all the stress are the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, crow’s feet and sagging skin. Laughter reduces the levels of stress hormone, cortisol, and releases health enhancing hormones such as endorphins say doctors .The ensure your daily dose of laughter and you will notice the stress levels decreasing.
Prevention is better than cure.
While it is difficult to defy nature and natural progression of the biological system, we can most certainly retard the effects. Care is at hand and the laboratory is the kitchen in your house. Keep your skin looking young and radiant and retain the youthfulness by being aware of these home remedies.
- The vitamin C present in lemons is a strong antioxidant. Besides, its bleaching action works wonders on age spots and freckles. Just squeeze out the juice from a lemon, apply and leave on your skin for about 15 minutes every day and then rinse with plain water.
- Lemon juice in combination with honey is also a very effective remedy for ageing skin because honey has a soothing action. Mix one teaspoon each of lemon juice and honey and massage it into your skin. Keep for 20 minutes and then wash with warm water.
- Coconut is a treasure-trove of vitamins and minerals; it also has the ability to moisturise your skin and keep it soft, supple and radiantly young. Grate raw coconut and squeeze the milk out of it. Apply this coconut milk onto your face; stay for about 20 minutes and then rinse it out with warm water.
- Rose water is a cleanser and can help remove the dirt clogging the pores of the skin. It also has an astringent action which means it tightens the skin; this helps it to give firmness and reduce the puffiness under the eyes. Mix 2 teaspoons of rose water with 3-4 drops of glycerine and half a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mixture to your face using cotton ball every night before you go to bed.
5. Balance your Diet
While the local application of a face pack can help prevent ageing, it is equally important to strengthen the skin from within by providing it the right nutrition. Vegetables, fruits, fish oils and nuts such as almond and walnut are valuable sources of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and omega-3 fatty acids and help to keep your skin young and healthy. So make sure you eat a healthy, balanced diet and use the right nutrients on your skin
- Cut out sugar as too much sugar quickens the process of aging.
- Increase the intake of Proteins and Calcium .Meat, fish, eggs, tofu, some grains, nuts, and seeds are all excellent sources of proteins.
- Antioxidant-rich foods that contain carotenoids like tomatoes, carrots, and pumpkin protects the skin and reverses some of the damage, ensure to add them in your daily diet.
- Ensure the skin is well-hydrated; this is the best way to prevent dry skin and wrinkles.