1/2 kg- Prawns
Potatoes – 3 nos (boiled and cubed)
3 big onions
Tomatoes – 4 nos
2 tbsp- Ginger-garlic paste
3 tsp- Cumin (jeera) powder
Green chillies – 3 nos
3 tbsp – Coriander (dhania) powder
3/4 tsp -Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp – Garam masala
1 cup – Coconut milk
2 sprigs – Curry leaves
Coriander leaves to garnish
Oil as required
- Heat some oil in a kadai. Add onions and sauté till they become light brown.
- Now add green chillies, ginger garlic paste, jeera powder and curry leaves and sauté well.
- Next, add tomatoes, dhania powder, turmeric powder and garam masala and sauté until the oil starts to separate.
- Now add the prawns and sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add some water to the mixture and bring the gravy to a boil.
- Finally, add the boiled potatoes and let the gravy simmer for a while.
- Once the gravy reaches the korma consistence, add the coconut milk and let it simmer in low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
Tastes best with hot idlis, dosais and idippams.