This simple dish is an authentic Karaikudi recipe
Mutton (referred to as kari) 1/2 kg
Red chilies 10
Aniseeds 1 tsp
Black gram 1 tbsp
Oil 4 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Break red chillies into two pieces.
- Heat kadai and add the aniseeds, black gram and red chillies.
- When the mixture turns golden brown, add the washed mutton.
- Cover the kadai and cook till the curry is half done.
- Now add salt and sauté till the mutton is cooked and add the water until it is fully absorbed.
- Bring down and serve hot with rice.