Moong dal – 200 gms
Jaggery – 400 gms
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Thick Coconut milk – 1 cup
Medium Thick Coconut Milk- 4 cups
Cashew nut – 15 gms
Dry raisins – 15 gms
Coconut pieces – 20 gms
Water – as required
1. Fry the moong dal in a pan till its light golden brown.
2. Add required water and cook the moong dal. (Pressure cook if required)
3. In another pan, melt the jaggery in water over flame until the jaggery dissolves.
4. Strain the jaggery water, add to the cooked dal and bring it to boil.
5. Add the medium thick coconut milk to this mixture and simmer till it reduces to 1/4th quantity.
6. Reduce flame completely, add thick coconut milk, stir for two minutes and remove from fire.
7. In a separate pan, heat ghee and fry the cashew nuts, raisins and coconut pieces and add to the payasam.