Sundaikkai (Turkey Berry) 1 cup
Cooked toor dal ½ cup
Garlic [pounded] 1tbsp
Green chilies 3
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Coriander leaves little
Salt to taste
Milk [boiled] ¼ cup
Ani seeds ½ tsp
Black pepper 1tsp
- Chop the tomatoes and onions.Wash and pound the Sundaikkai.
- Heat oil and ghee in a wok.Add the seasoning ingredients along with onions,tomatoes, sundaikkai and the slit green chilies. Sauté for five minutes.
- Add cooked toor dal, turmeric powder, salt and three cups of water. Boil for five minutes and add pounded garlic and milk.
- Bring down and keep the vessel covered for five minutes.
- Strain and add coriander and boil further [if needed]. Serve hot.