Lychee and Cardamom Bellini
Try this refreshing drink with sparkling wine, sweet lychees, and flavourful cardamom.
30ml lychee and cardamom syrup
90ml sparkling wine
Lemon slice for garnish
Lychee, to garnish
For the syrup(Makes for 10-12 drinks)
250gm white sugar
5 cardamom pods
1 canned lychees
To make the syrup
- Heat 250ml water and 250gm sugar in a pan. As it starts to boil, crush the cardamom pods and add to it. Continue to heat till the syrup turns aromatic and turns a shade or two darker (should take approximately 15-20 minutes). Remove and allow it to cool.
- Blend one can of lychees along with its syrup till smooth.
- Combine equal quantities of the sugar syrup with the lychees to get the lychee cardamom syrup.
- Store in a bottle and refrigerate, use as necessary.
To make the Bellini
- In a champagne glass, pour 30ml of the lychee cardamom syrup and then gently top with the sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a lychee and lemon twist.