Chocolate cake with icing
Recipe Courtesy Sweet Perfection-Home baker Penelope Fernandez
- 75 ml Milk
- 100 gm Curd
- 100 gm Butter
- 1 cup Maida Flour
- 50 gm -Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup-Walnut chopped
- 1 tsp-Soda Bicarbonate
- FOR ICING
- 4 tbsp-Cocoa Powder
- 50 gm-Butter (for icing)
- 1/2 tin Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Grease and dust an 8” baking pan
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Sieve together maida, cocoa & baking soda (soda bicarbonate).
- Beat butter and Curd until light and creamy.
- Fold in the sieved ingredients, alternating with milk and Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts & pour into greased pan
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes and remove onto a wire rack.
- For Chocolate Icing
- Mix together butter, cocoa, and sweetened condensed milk and beat well.
- Microwave for 20 seconds. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread over cake & leave to set.
- Slice &serve.