Kokum is known for its brilliant cooling abilities and a granita with the same would be perfect for this season
- 12-16 dried Kokum pieces
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- A few springs of mint, for garnish
- In a saucepan, combine the kokum pieces, salt, sugar, coriander, red chilli and mint with 1.2 liters of water.
- Bring the mixture to boil over a medium flame. Remove from flame after 5-8 minutes and cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the mixture to a jar and blend till the kokum is very finely ground.
- Place this mixture on a deep tray to freeze until it turns intoice.
- Roughly crush the ice with a blender. Refreeze this.
- Crush it again lightly and scoop it into glasses.
- Garnish with fresh mint.