Digestive biscuits – 150 gms
Unsalted butter – 3 tbs
Cream cheese – 450 gms
Sour cream – 1/2 cup (If sour cream is not available, use AMUL cream)
Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
Vanilla essence – 2 tsp Eggs – 2
– Take a ziplock pouch, add the digestive biscuits into it.
– Seal the cover, take a rolling pin and crush them well. But, do not make a powder of it
– keep it coarse.
– Add the crushed biscuits to a bowl (crush any big bits with a spoon).
– Add 3 tbs of butter and mix it well with the biscuit.
– Take a spring form cake pan and cover the outer sides and bottom with foil paper.
– Add the crushed biscuit layer to the bottom end and press it well.
– Since the crushed biscuit would be the base of the cheesecake, make sure that there are no gaps or spaces in between. (Use a cup or anything with a flat bottom to press and set the base well)
– Now bake the base in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes at 160 degrees Celcius.
– Add the cream cheese to a bowl and beat it well for about 2 – 3 minutes.
– Make sure you keep the cream cheese at room temperature before beating it.
– Once the cream cheese is nice and soft, add the powdered sugar to it and beat it well.
– Then add two eggs to the mixture and beat it well.
– Then add the vanilla essence and the sour cream to it and beat it well.
– Add the cream cheese batter to the base and bake it at 130 – 140 degrees Celcius for about one hour.
– Leave the baked cake overnight in the refrigerator. That helps you to de-mold easily.
Watch the video for a step by step guide!