My name is Maria Priyanka Chef/Nutritionist and owner of the HEALTHY CHEF cloud
kitchen/Bakery originally from Bangalore but won hearts in Chennai. My journey began 5 years
ago with experimenting with various recipes for friends and family. Little did I think that it would
turn out to be such a vast and rapidly growing business. We have 2 types of diets that we cater
to which are the Low-Carb and the Keto Diet meal plans, we follow the subscription model for all
clients. We have a full fledged gluten free and sugar free bakery running.
1) Rum infused Christmas mixed fruit cake
1. Gluten free flour: 250g or 1 and 1/2 cups
2. Mixed spice: 1 tsp
3. Cinnamon powder:1 tsp
4. Baking powder:1 tsp
5. Salt:1/2 tsp
6. Eggs (medium): 3
7. Skim milk-6tbsps
8. Vanilla Extract (optional):1 tsp
9. Sugar free or stevia : 100g or 1/2 cup (add to your liking)
10. Olive oil or vegetable oil- 6 to 7 tbsps
11. Dried mixed fruit: 600-700g(you can use dry fruits of your choice and can choose
candied peels or glazed cherries or nuts according to your preference)
12. Zest of 1 Lemon
13. Zest of 1 Orange
14. Rum: 80ml or 3/4 cup
Getting everything ready
● Lightly grease a 7 inch or 8 inch cake tin with some butter/oil and neatly line with
greaseproof paper (double thickness).
● Chop the nuts and dried fruits into a large clean bowl .You can use a prepared
dried fruit mixture available in most supermarkets, or blend your own to create an
individual cake, balance the mixture to your preferences (I love more raisins,
cranberries, almonds and cashews). Soak all dry fruits in Rum for a week or one
day before also works.
● Grate the rind of lemon and orange and keep it aside.
● Sift the flour ,baking powder, cinnamon, zest of orange and lemon and salt into
● Pre-heat oven to 320 F 160°C .
In a medium saucepan, add all the wet ingredients, combine the olive oil ,sugar free with
the dry fruits. Add the eggs (lightly beaten) , vanilla extract (optional) and milk.
Add in the flour mix which is Flour+Baking powder+Salt and cinnamon, mixed spices. Mix till
Transfer the batter into the prepared pan.7 inch pan / 8 inch pan will work. Bake in the
center of the oven at 320F for about 75-90 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center
comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely.
2) Matcha cupcakes
1. 1 cup- Gluten free flour
2. ¼ tsp salt
3. ¼ tsp baking soda
4. ½ tsp baking powder
5. 5 tsps of Matcha powder plus more for garnish
6. 5 tbsps of olive oil or vegetable oil
7. Sugar free or stevia- 3 sachets or 2 tbsps
8. 2 eggs
9. Skim milk or soy milk – 6 tbsps
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
In a small bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and matcha.
In a Bowl mix together all wet ingredients olive oil and sugar free eggs and milk and
mix well till combined.
In a bowl, sift all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and
Fold in both mixtures and pour into cup cake molds. Bake for 20-25 mins at 180C. Remove and cool.
1.Low fat butter-500grams
2. Sugar free or monk fruit powder 4 sachets or 3 tbsps ( as per your liking)
3. Matcha powder-3 tbsps
Beat the butter well till fluffy, add matcha powder and sugar free. Pipe out onto
cupcakes and serve.
3)Cranberry and pistachio cookies
1.100g- butter softened
2.Sugar free or stevia- 4 sachets or 2 tbsps ( Can be altered according to your liking)
3.½ tsp- vanilla extract
4.1 cup- gluten free flour
5. 75g- pistachios
6. 75g- dried cranberries
Mix the butter, sugar free, egg and vanilla extract with a wooden spoon. stir in the
flour, then tip in the pistachios and cranberries – you might need to get your hands in
at this stage to bring the mix together as a dough. Halve the dough and shape each
half into a log about 5cm across. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. slice the logs
into 1cm-thick rounds, place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and bake
for 12-15 mins. Cool completely on the tray.
Cake pop dough ( Make a vanilla sponge cake)
● 2 1/4 cups of Gluten free flour
● 2 1/4 tsp- baking powder
● 3/4 tsp- salt
● 3/4 cup- unsalted butter (Low fat)
● Sugar free or monk fruit powder or any sweetener of your choice- 5 sachets or 4
● 3 large eggs
● 1 tsp- vanilla essence
● 1 cup – buttermilk
● Sugar free or Stevia- 5 sachets or 3 tbsps ( according to your liking)
● 2 cups- unsalted butter (low fat)
● 2 tsp- vanilla essence
Beat everything up to a fluffy consistency and pipe on top of the cupcakes.
Cake and Method of making the Cakesicles
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and flour two 8″ cake rounds and line with
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Set
3. Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar free
or stevia on med-high until pale and fluffy (about 3mins). Reduce speed and add eggs
one at a time fully incorporating after each addition. Add vanilla essence.
4. Alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour (3
additions of flour and 2 of milk). Fully incorporated after each addition.
5. Bake for 30-35mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly
6. Place cakes on a wire rack to cool for 10 mins then turn out onto a wire rack.
7. Crumble the cake into the butter cream and mix well.
8. Add melted chocolate into the cakesicle moulds and allow to cool.
9. Once cooled add the cake mixture into the moulds and freeze for 20 to 30 mins.
10.Remove from moulds and decorate with what sprinkles you like.
5) Superseeded Bread
FOR THE YEAST PROOF:
● 1 ¼ cup – water between 95°F-110°F
● 2 tbsps of honey
● 2 ¼ – tsps dry active yeast
FOR THE BREAD:
● 1 cup of gluten free flour
● ½ cup of almond flour
● ½ cup of flax meal
● 2 ½ teaspoons – xanthan gum
● 1 tsp- baking powder
● 1 tsp- salt
● ¼ cup – oil of choice (I used olive oil)
● 3 egg whites
● 1 tsp – apple cider vinegar
● Mix of super seeds- 50g
1. Line a 8-inch x 5-inch metal loaf pan with parchment paper and spray it with cooking
spray; set it aside.
2. Add the honey and yeast to your warm water (95-110 degrees F) and stir; set it aside for
5-10 minutes but no longer.
3. While your yeast is proofing, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle
attachment, add the flours, flax seed meal, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Turn
your mixer to low and mix just until combined.
4. With the mixer still going, add the oil, egg whites, vinegar, and proofed yeast mixture.
5. Turn the mixer to a medium speed and mix for an additional 2 minutes. The dough will
be thick and sticky.
6. Using a rubber spatula, add the dough to your prepared loaf pan making sure to fill in
the corners of the pan and level the top. Wet your fingers and smooth the top.
7. Cover the dough with a lightly oiled piece of plastic wrap and allow it to rise in a warm
place for 45 to 60 minutes, or until it has risen slightly above the loaf pan.
8. When the dough is near the top of the pan, preheat your oven to 350°F.
9. Remove the plastic wrap and bake for 60 – 65 minutes. Half way through baking, cover
the bread loaf with a piece of foil to keep it from over-browning.
10. Remove the loaf from the oven and let cool completely before slicing.