Heels generally tend to crack as there are no oil glands in our feet and that’s the reason they get dry. Adding to that, factors like pollution, thyroid, diabetes, improper diet, ageing and much more can worsen it. But you can control them with the following steps.
- Soak your feet in hot water (add a few drops of vinegar to it for better results) for 10-15 minutes. Pat dry it and apply olive oil or vegetable oil to the feet. Follow it once a day till the cracks heal.
- Make a paste of Vaseline and a few drops of lemon juice and apply it to the feet in the night. Wear socks and leave it overnight. Rinse and pat dry in the morning.
- Mix olive oil and lavender oil and apply it to your feet regularly. This is one of the fastest ways to heal the cracks.
- Massage your feet with a pumice stone after soaking your feet in soapy water for 10-15 minutes. Pumice stone removes dead skin from the feet.
- Oats, honey, baking soda and apple cider vinegar are other natural ingredients that can help.