- After her 11-month break from acting, she made a comeback with one of the mega-blockbusters of all time ‘Raja Rani’ alongside Arya, Jai, Nazriya and directed by Atlee.
- She was unstoppable after that. She played a female lead in the Ajith Kumar starrer ‘Aarambam’. We could also see this movie that she had a major fashion makeover – be it from her styling or her clothing. We really loved the transformation.
- It was then that Nayan had the idea of doing heroine -centric film. She took up the role for the remake of the Vidya Balan starrer Hindi movie ‘Kahani’. A bilingual ‘Anamika’ in Malayalam and ‘Nee Enge En Anbe’ in Tamil was a critically appreciated film. It is also a rarity that a heroine-centric genre is even an option.
Was that when she acclaimed the ‘Lady Superstar’ title?
- Whether she acted in women-centric movies like ‘Maya’ or be it movies with a male lead like ‘Naanum Rowdy Dhan’, Nayanthara owned all of the roles and topped everyone else in the movie.
- Be it her role as the Queen from ‘Kaashmora’ or be it her amazing acting in ‘Bhaskar The Rascal’, she was exceptional and sported extremely complicated, difficult yet did like it was a piece of cake for her. That’s when she was gradually acclaimed as the Lady Superstar.
Nayanthara’s movie ‘Dora’ recently hit the screens, which was yet another heroine-centric film. She is also shooting for ‘Kolaiyudhir Kalam’ and ‘Aramm’ currently.