100 gm chilled butter, diced
200 gm plain flour
½ tsp salt
Ice cold water
2 tbsp butter
1 zucchini, sliced
150 gm diced cottage cheese
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
½ tsp chopped rosemary
180 ml cream
100 gm grated Cheddar cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sieve flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Rub in the butter till it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add a tablespoon of iced water at a time and gather the crumbs into a ball.
- Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 9 inch flat tin with it.
- The pastry lined tin should be refrigerated while preparing the filling.
- Heat the butter in a skillet, toss in the zucchini and gently cook it for about 7 minutes or till all the water dries up.
- Add in the cottage cheese cubes, season to taste and remove when warm through. Stir in the rosemary.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Arrange the filling into the prepared pastry, place the tomato halves on top.
- Beat together the eggs and cream.
- Check the seasoning, pour carefully over the filling.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated 190°C oven for about 40-50 minutes.
- Allow it to rest for about 20 minutes, slice and serve.
Recipe by Sara Koshy