Fried patties made from rice flour and Jaggery
- ½ kg processed wet rice flour
- 300 gm dark brown jaggery, grated
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Oil for deep frying
- Sesame seeds to sprinkle on top
How To Make
- Pour just enough water to cover grated jaggery in a heavy kadai. Boil until soft ball consistency.
- Take out kadai from stove and tip in cardamom powder, rice flour and mix well without forming lumps.
- Transfer mixture to another vessel to which little ghee should be applied. Pat well and pour a tablespoon of ghee on top.
- Prepare small balls from the dough and flatten it to a thick circle. Sprinkle little sesame seeds on top and press lightly.
- Deep fry in hot oil one by one .remove excess oil by resting the adhirasams on top of paper towel.
Note: 5. For best results, prepare adhirasams next day and use only paagu jaggery (paagu vellam) and wet rice flour.