Espresso and Oreo Chocolate Brownies
A sure treat for all chocolate lovers and children from Chef Sara Koshy
- 120 gm flour
- 1//4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200 gm butter
- 270 gm dark chocolate, chopped
- 210 gm sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp espresso coffee powder
- 150 gm Oreo cookies, each broken into 3 pieces
- 50 gm chocolate chips
- Line a 9″ square baking pan.
- Sieve together the flour, baking powder and salt, keep aside
- Melt butter and chocolate over a gentle heat, leave to cool.
- Place sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk till foamy.
- Fold in the melted butter and chocolate mix.Also fold in the sieved flour, coffee powder, broken Oreos and chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan, pop into a preheated 180°C oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
Leave to cool completely then cut into bars. Makes 24 bars .