2-3 boiled potatoes (mashed and peeled)
1 onion (finely chopped)
2 green chilies (finely chopped)
Handful of peas
Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
Pinch of Asafoetida
Oil to sauté
Pinch of turmeric powder
1. Heat some oil in a kadai and add the onions. Sauté for a while and then add the green chilies, cashews, turmeric powder and Asafoetida.
2. Now, add the mashed potato to this mixture and sauté until the ingredients are well combined.
3. Add salt to taste.
4. Add the chopped coriander as garnish and set aside.
5. Grease the idli stand with some oil and plop a spoon full of idli batter into each section.
6. Place a tablespoon of the potato mixture and top if off with another spoon of idli batter.
7. Repeat the process until the batter and the potato mixture are done.
8. Steam the idlis until they are well cooked.
9. Serve hot with mint or coconut chutney.