400gm shrimp (cleaned and deveined)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
3 green onions (chopped)
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon fresh/dried basil (I used dried basil)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tomato (chopped)
salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta in salted water al dente. Drain well and keep aside 1 cup of the pasta water.
- While the pasta is boiling, add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil to a pan. When the olive oil is warm, add the shrimp, garlic, onion, lemon rind and pepper and cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes (stirring continuously).
- When the shrimp starts to turn opaque add tomatoes, salt, basil and lemon juice. Stir and cook for another couple of minutes or until the shrimp turns pink.
- Add in the reserved pasta water to make the sauce according to your consistency.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as per taste. Add the drained pasta and combine well.
- Garnish with freshly ground black pepper and grated parmesan cheese.