For the crust
- 200 gm Graham crackers, crushed
- 50 gm Powdered sugar
- 110 gm Unsalted butter melted
For the Rabri mix
- 10 litres Milk
- 200 gm Sugar, powdered
- 35 gm Refined flour
- 80 gm Double cream
- 5 eggs
- 10 ml Vanilla essence
- 1 gm Kashmir saffron
- 10 ml Milk
- Boil the milk in a thick bottomed kadai until it reduces to 1 litre R You need to constantly keep stirring so as the milk does not get burnt at the bottom. Cool it to room temperature and reserve for later use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F (175C). Grease a 9 inch spring pan.
- For the crust, in a medium bowl, mix the crushed crackers with sugar and melted butter.
- Layer the spring pan evenly with the crust mix and press it thoroughly.
- Warm the milk and add the saffron into the milk to infuse, leave it aside.
- In a large bowl mix Rabri with powdered sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix the eggs one by one at a time, mixing just enough to combine.
- Mix in the cream, vanilla essence, flour and the saffron extract.
- Pour filling into the prepared crust. Bake for 1 Chill it for at least 4 hours.
- Cut into wedges and serve chilled.