Onions 1 (finely chopped)
Carrot 1 (peeled and chopped into thin slices)
Leek 1 stalk (finely chopped)
Celery 10 (finely chopped)
Garlic 4 cloves (peeled and crushed)
Basil 4 leaves (finely shredded)
Cabbage 50 gm (cubed)
Potato 1 (cubed)
Yellow Squash 1 small (finely sliced)
Green Zucchini 1 small (finely sliced)
Fava Beans 1 tbsp (soaked and boiled)
Parmesan Cheese 1 tbsp (grated)
Green Beans 20 gm (finely chopped)
Olive Oil 25 ml
Tomato Paste 1 tbsp
Tomato 100 gm
Vegetable Stock 150 ml
Penne pasta 10 gm (cooked and diced)
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Sauté onions, garlic, leek, celery in olive oil.
- Add tomato paste and cook for another five minutes.
- Gradually add potato and other vegetables and cook for five minutes.
- Add tomato puree and vegetable stock.
- Put in the penne pasta.
- Season according to taste.
- Garnish with julienne of basil and grated cheese.
- Serve hot with garlic bread.
Roasted Beetroot Soup
Beetroot (medium) 4
Vegetable Oil 25 ml
Olive Oil 20 ml
Butter 15 gm
Dairy Cream 150 ml
Onions 2 (finely chopped)
Garlic 4 cloves (finely chopped)
Melon Seeds 5 gm
Dill Leaves a few sprigs
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Apply vegetable oil on the beetroots, wrap them in aluminum foil and dry roast in an oven, on a bed of salt.
- Remove the foil, peel and allow to cool.
- Purée the beetroot and keep aside.
- In a pan, sauté onions, garlic and add in half the cream. Add the beetroot puree and allow it to reduce.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and check the seasoning.
- Garnish with toasted melon seeds, dill leaves, and fresh whipped cream.