Pineapple (Ripe) – 100 gm
Turmeric powder – 5 gm
Grated coconut (Fresh) – 50 gm
Dry red chilli – 2
Green chilli – 2
Coconut oil – 10 ml
Yoghurt (Fresh) – 200 ml
Mustard seeds – 10 gm
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
Salt for taste
- Peel, wash and cut pineapple into medium sized cubes. Cover and keep aside.
- Pound half of the mustard seeds with a mortar and pestle and keep aside.
- Boil pineapple with turmeric and salt with 50 ml of water.
- Grind coconut and green chilli to a fine paste.
- In an uruli or a thick bottomed pan, heat oil and add the remaining mustard seeds.
- When they crackle, add the red chilli and curry leaves.
- Add the coconut paste to this and sauté for 2 minutes, without changing the colour.
- Add the pineapple to this paste. Add a little water.
- Mix the crushed mustard with yoghurt and add this to the above.
- Reduce the fire to a simmer and do not allow the pulissery to boil. Remove from fire.