- Mutton- 1 kg (Cut into small cubes)
- Onions- 2 medium (Sliced)
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tablespoons
- Oil- 3 tablespoons
- Dry coconut- 1/2 cup (Sliced)
- Black cardamoms- 3 nos
- Green cardamoms- 3 nos
- Coriander seeds- 2 tablespoons
- Shahijeera- 1 teaspoon
- Cloves- 4 nos
- Black pepper- 10 nos
- Cinnamon- stick 1 inch
- Bay leaves- 4 nos
- Dry red chilies- 7-8
- Poppy seeds 1 tablespoon
- Dagadphool- 1 tablespoon
- Salt- as per taste
How To Make
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in pressure cooker.
- Once oil get heated add sliced onions and sauté till they turns golden brown.
- Remove from heat and drain the excess oil, and grind the onions to a fine paste adding little water.
- Now in same oil saute black pepper, Dry red chilies, dagadphool, black cardamoms, green cardamoms, shahijeera, coriander seeds, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves, poppy seeds and dry coconut. Grind to a fine paste using water.
- Once again heat the oil in pressure cooker. Add pieces of mutton in oil and sauté them on high gas till pieces get light brown.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, onion paste and ground masala mix well with the mutton pieces. Cook for 5 mins on medium flame. Add salt as per taste and 3 cups water and mix well.
- Boil this gravy and then cover the cooker with lid.Cook this mutton in pressure cooker till three whistles. Serve with bread or roti.
Chef’s Tips: Boil the mutton pieces in salt water and then mix the required spices will reduce cooking time.