½ cup yellow pumpkin (quartered)
1 large onion (diced)
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 one inch sticks cinnamon
4 garlic cloves (minced)
1 tbsp ginger (finely minced)
8 chicken thigh pieces (skinned)
½ cup potatoes (diced)
½ cup parsnips (diced)
3 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp whole peppercorns
1 can coconut milk (unsweetened)
Salt to taste
How To Make
- In a pan, heat some oil and let the mustard seeds splutter.
- Throw in the cinnamon sticks and fry till you can sense the aroma.
- Add the onions and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces, peppercorns and the curry masala powder and cook until the pieces absorb the gravy, adding small quantities of water if required.
- Now, add the pumpkins, potatoes, parsnips and the coconut milk along with ½ cup of water.
- Bring the gravy to a boil, lower the heat and cover and cook for 30-40 minutes until the meat falls off the bone.
Tastes delicious with idlis, appams, dosais and rice.