The summer break has come to an end, and it’s time to pack lunches again! The kids are after all spoilt with all the holiday delicacies, so why not continue the trend? With these nutritious and innovative lunchbox ideas, let your kids continue their sumptuous albeit yummy meals at school.
1 ½ cups flour
½ tsp baking powder
¾ cup yellow pumpkin, grated
½ cup corn
¼ cup cheddar cheese, grated
2 small onions, chopped
¾ cup milk
1/3 cup thick curd
2 tbsp nuts, chopped
Butter – to coat the muffin cups
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease the muffin molds (6) with oil.
- In a bowl, mix flour and baking powder, and then add pumpkin, corn, cheddar and shallots.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and yogurt in a jug. Pour this into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Fill the muffin molds with this mix and sprinkle the nuts on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool well before you pack.
Recipe by Pickled Pumpkin