- 2 onions diced
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 lemon grass root (crushed)
- 3 cups assorted vegetables cut into chunks (carrot, French beans, baby corn, broccoli, mushrooms, yellow zucchini)
- 2 tbsp of gram/besan flour (mixed with ½ cup of water)
- 1 Maggie veg stock cube
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 packet regular noodles pr rice noodles (cooked)
For the toppings you need:
- Fried crispy noodles (cooked noodles, deep fried)
- Roasted peanuts
- Sliced spring onions
- Lemon wedges
- Fried onions
- Chopped coriander
- Chilli oil
For the chilli oil
Mix the 1 tbsp chilli flakes, 1 tbsp red chilli powder and ½ tsp salt in a heat-proof cup. Heat ½ cup of vegetable oil in a small pan. When it’s hot, pour the oil over the chilli flak mix. Set aside to cool.
- Grind onions, ginger and garlic into a smooth paste
- In a pan over medium heat, add oil. When hot, add the onion paste and gently sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric, coriander and chilli powder, crushed lemon grass root, sauté for a minute and add the vegetables, and mix well. Now add the besan mixture and cook till the raw besan smell goes.
- Add some water and the veg stock cube, and simmer till the vegetables are tender.
- Add the coconut milk, bring to boil, add brown sugar and soy sauce. Stir and remove from heat.
- To serve, place the noodles in a deep bowl then add hot broth just enough to cover the noodles. Serve with the topping.