7 dried apricots
2 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp softened butter
120 gm butter
120 gm sugar
115 gm flour sifted with ½ tsp baking powder and ½ tsp ginger powder
Caramel made with 2 tbsp sugar
25 gm chopped candied ginger
4 tbsp milk
1. Place apricots in a dish and cover with boiling water.
2. Keep aside for 30 minutes, drain and cut into halves.
3. Grease a 750ml pudding basin, cut greaseproof paper to fit the base and grease it.
4. Arrange apricot halves around the base, spoon in golden syrup and drop softened butter over the top.
5. Cream butter and sugar till fluffy.
6. Add in eggs, sifted flour and blend for another minute.
7. Stir in caramel and chopped ginger, mix well with a spatula and add in milk to get a dropping consistency.
8. Pour into pudding basin, cover tightly with a pleated piece of foil.
9. Pressure cook for 15 min on high heat without the weight.
10. Ensure there is sufficient water in the pressure cooker, place the weight and cook for 30 minutes on low heat.
11. Unmould carefully and serve with creamy caramel sauce.