Even if your hair is bouncy and shiny all year round, Summers can leave them lifeless and thin! Due to humidity in the wind, sweaty scalp takes the volume away from your hair. You don’t need to worry too much about making sure your hair looks great in summers! Here are some tips on what to do and not to do to your hair this summer!
1. There is a tendency to ignore the most priceless gift of nature to mankind, water! How many times have your mothers, doctors and nutritionists advice you about drinking enough water? You need to keep your hair healthy and by not drinking enough water, you will not be able to flaunt those tresses!
2. Easiest way to protect your hair from the sun is by tying it up in a bandana or a scarf. If you don’t want to carry or tie the scarf, make sure you use conditioners which come with sunscreen protection. There are many cosmetic brands which will come to you rescue.
3. Hair tend to get frizzy during summers and you will also spot split-ends during the season. Trim you hair regularly, especially during summers! You can also go get a summer cut to keep the maintenance low during the heat.
4. The summer sun is already harsh on your hair and adding additional heat is a big no-no. Do not use hair irons or blow driers during this season. Avoid!
5. Reduce the usage of shampoos and wash your hair with a conditioner instead. Apply and rinse off the conditioner after 2 mins and that keep your hair shiny and soft. Shampoo only once in 3-4 days.
6. Chemically treated hair needs extra attention and that’s why you must avoid coloring or straightening your hair during summers. If you have to, then do it a month before the summer kicks in.