Relationships are complicated and we all agree! However, why complicate them further? When you are newly married, especially if it’s an arranged marriage, you tend to have a thousand questions to ask your new husband. Of course communication is great, but make sure you invest in a healthy marriage and not dwell in the past. Here are 5 questions you must never ask!
1. Did you ever have a one-night stand? Ok, this might be a question which will make him believe that you don’t trust him right from the day of the wedding. It’s none of his or your business to know about a one-night stand which any of you may have indulged in! Of course you should know the sexual history of your future husband but make sure you are asking all of that BEFORE you marry! Once married, it gets really uncomfortable to answer a question like that!
2. Will you ever leave your mom for me? If you are wondering about existence of women who ask such questions, the answer is YES, there are! Whether you like your mother-in-law or not, or whether your husband is a mamma’s boy or not; that’s the woman he loves unconditionally (at least most of them). Sorry to break the bubble, but there’s only one woman majority of the men love unconditionally and that’s their moms! Refrain from such silly questions and invest in building a healthy relationship with your mother-in-law.
3. Is it okay if I stay in touch with my ex? What? Hell, No! You just can’t bring the ‘ex-factor’ in your marriage right at the beginning. First understand and gauge if your husband is the kind who would be okay with you being friends with your ex. Can exes be friends without hurting a marriage? Argue as much as you want, but the answer is NO!
4. Do you really need to go for a boys night? You just entered his life and of course you are his life partner, but most men feel that they will have to let go off their guy gang once they are married. He needs his space and you need yours! You should ask him to go have fun and you should have a girls night too once in a while.Do not keep him away from his friends!
5. Do you really need to play cricket on Sunday mornings? Can’t you instead spend time with me? Apologies! We forgot to tell you something. Indian men (majority of them at least) love another thing unconditionally and that’s cricket. We understand you want to spend time with him on a weekend when both of you are off, but it’s quite selfish to be honest to keep him away from his passion. He is going to be with you for life. Wait for him to come back and use that time to bond with your friends, family or even catching up on a spa day. He will soon think you are the ‘evil witch’ who wants to come in between him and his passion! No, seriously!
Written by: Deepa Kalukuri