Summer is here and it is that time of the year when we have to be cautious about our health. During this season we are prone to illness, so eating healthy is important and staying hydrated is very essential. Water is the most important components of our daily diets and consuming it helps regulate body temperature and sustain healthy vital organs.
Here are some ways you can follow to stay hydrated:
- Keep a water bottle handy and drink water wherever and whenever you can.
- Drink a glass of water before every meal.
- Ensure you eat fruits and vegetables; they are great sources of water.
- Give some flavour to the water without adding any extra calories by adding a slice of lemon, lime, and/or mint to your water.
- Replenish your fluids post a visit to the restroom.
Avoid energy drinks because they contain large amounts of sugar and stimulants, they can be harmful to the body. Sometimes they can be dangerous; because the caffeine and the amino acid taurine present can increase blood pressure and the heart rate. Water is the best!
Try out these simple and easy mocktails to keep the fluid flowing and remain in the hydrated zone.