Most Chennaiites would love coffee liqueur for sure. A liqueur coffee is a coffee drink with a shot of liqueur. These are usually served in special liqueur coffee glass, frequently with cream and sugar. Around the world, many liqueur coffees are popular where the liqueurs are combined with alcohol to pack a punch. Irish coffee is very well known.Kahlua is possibly the most well-known coffee liqueur brand as is Tia Maria. The other popular coffee liqueur brands include Godiva, Copa de Ora, DeKuyper, Kamora and Sabroso.
Many are quite easy to make so you could try them out at home the next time you have guests over and wow them with something different.
Coffee Liqueur 1
- 2 cups coffee
- 1 ¼ cup Sugar
- Vodka – 2 cups
- Vanilla bean – 1/2 (split)
- Add the sugar to hot coffee, and mix until dissolved.
- Leave it to cool and then put in the vodka and vanilla bean.
- Transfer this to a bottle.
- After a fortnight or more, strain out the vanilla bean and decant liqueur into a new bottle.