Millenniums will pass by and cuisines will evolve; but the age old cooking tips, hacks and secrets will remain etched in the history books. This summer, let’s turn the pages and look at the delicious recipes from your grandma’s kitchens.
50 gms White Sesame seeds
5 to 6 Red chilli
1 cup Rice
½ tsp Asafoetida
Oil – according to necessity
Mustard, Urad Dal, Channa Dal, Cashew nuts and Curry leaves
Wash the rice in a little water and boil the rice.
- Dry roast the white sesame seeds in a Kadai.
- Add required oil to Kadai and once the oil heats add a little asafoetida and red chillies.
- In a mixer, add the roasted sesame seeds, red chillies, salt and asafoetida. Grind them into a dry powder.
- Take a huge bowl and add the boiled rice (once cooled) and dry white sesame powder.
- In another kadai add sesame oil, ghee and the ingredients mentioned above for tampering.
- Add the tempered ingredients to the rice mixture and mix it well.