Gajar Ka Halwa
6 cup grated carrot
¼ cup milk
½ cup ricotta cheese or unsweetened khoya
1 ½ cup sugar
3 tbsp ghee
1 pinch saffron
¼ tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp cashew nuts
1 tbsp almonds (slivered)
¼ tsp saffron
1 tbsp raisins
- Pressure cook the carrot with milk and saffron.
- Under medium heat, melt half the portion of ghee in a wide non-stick pan. When the ghee is slightly heated up, add the cooked carrot mixture and sugar.
- The sugar would melt and make the mixture look extra watery. Continue to cook until all of the liquid disappears completely.
- Now, add the ricotta cheese or khoya and blend well with the carrot. Cook for a few more minutes, add cardamom powder and turn off the heat.
- In another pan, heat the remaining ghee. Tip in cashew nuts and raisins and fry until they turn golden brown and the raisins become plump. Slather them on the halwa.
- Serve warm. Top it with some slivered almonds and a few strands of saffron just before serving.