Paneer & Green Peas Pulav
2 cups Basmati rice
200g fresh paneer
2 cups green peas
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2-3 green chilly
2 bay leaves
2 black cardamoms
5-8 black peppercorns
1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp red chili powder
Salt to taste
2 ½ cups water (For pressure cooking)
3-4 tsp oil
• Wash and soak rice in sufficient water for half an hour. Strain away the excess water and keep aside.
• Cut paneer into 1-inch pieces. Now, heat the oil in a pressure cooker and shallow fry paneer till golden.
Transfer it on to a plate. In the same oil, add cumin seeds, bay leaves, black peppercorns, and black
cardamom and allow it to crackle.
• To this, add green chilli, sliced onion & fry until they start to brown.
• Add ginger garlic paste, garam masala, coriander and red chilli powder. Sauté until the masala leaves oil.
• Add soaked rice and give a good mix. Sauté for 2 minutes so that all the flavours blend in together.
• Now add water, salt, green peas and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles or till the peas are cooked well.
Remove from flame.
• When the pressure settles, open the lid. Mix in the golden paneer pieces and serve.