The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach! and what better way to show your love for him and care for the family by whipping some delicious yummy chocolate desserts. Somehow, cupid and chocolate make a good combo. We have taken a leaf from the book of the experts: Sara Koshy and a busy home baker Penelope
Espresso and Oreo Chocolate Brownies
A sure treat for all chocolate lovers and children from Chef Sara Koshy
- 120 gm flour
- 1//4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200 gm butter
- 270 gm dark chocolate, chopped
- 210 gm sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp espresso coffee powder
- 150 gm Oreo cookies, each broken into 3 pieces
- 50 gm chocolate chips
- Line a 9″ square baking pan.
- Sieve together the flour, baking powder and salt, keep aside
- Melt butter and chocolate over a gentle heat, leave to cool.
- Place sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk till foamy.
- Fold in the melted butter and chocolate mix.Also fold in the sieved flour, coffee powder, broken Oreos and chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan, pop into a preheated 180°C oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
Leave to cool completely then cut into bars. Makes 24 bars .